Thursday, February 19, 2015

Siddhartha by Herman Hesse


 ''A goal stood before Siddhartha, a single goal: to become empty of thirst, empty of wishing, empty of joy and sorrow". " Dead to himself, not be a self anymore, to find tranquility with an emptied heard, to be open to miracles in unselfish thoughts, that was his goal.. Once all myself was overcome and had died, once every desire and every urge was silent in the heart, then the ultimate part of me had to awake, the innermost of my being, which is no longer myself, the great secret.

This passage means that Siddhartha wanted to be empty of any feelings or emotions that connected him to the world. He wanted to be free of all things that didn't bring him peace, he wanted to find inner peace and find himself. He wants to be able to let his old self go so that he could connect with himself on a deeper level. He was on a mission to find the what was missing in his life but he was doing so without distraction.

This passage is important to me because I feel that people want to find themselves but they have to first let go of all the distractions that follow or that might come into play. I could relate to this passage because I feel that finding yourself is the best reward in life.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tiffany, I really loved how you were able to take this quote by Herman Hesse and make such an application to it. It is so true that we all at some time feel lost and don't realize that it's because we are entangled by what goes on around us but when you do let go of those distractions life seems to go alto more easier. Great choice of quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffany, This was a great read, your writing has a poetic feel to it, very captivating. I love how you uncovered what the writer was trying to say through this passage. The way you out it make so much sense and I also can say that finding yourself is the best reward to give yourself. Great post!

    ReplyDelete