Thursday, February 12, 2015

Dada Manifesto




"I don't want words that other people have invented. "All the words are other people's inventions". ''I want my own stuff, my own rhythm, and vowels and consonant's too, matching the rhythm and all my own".

    The meaning of this quote is Hugo Ball wanted to be original and have his own style. He didn't want to sound like everyone else and he wanted everything that he came up to be different. The author is saying this because he wanted to stand out from others as well as have people pay to his work. The reason I decided to choose this quote is I like the message behind it. Hugo Ball is basically saying that he wants to stand out and be looked at different in everyone eyes. In my opinion that takes a lot of courage because many people are sometimes afraid of being looked at as different. I agree with the quote that I chose because if you are different then you will receive more attention and you deep down inside that you work is original. And its a awesome thing to be unique. The quote made me think of people in todays society that do certain things in order to stand out from everyone else. Nobody wants to be a follower. I think it does relate to things in the present because individuals don't want to sound like everyone. They would prefer to be different and possibly start a trend, and everyone wants something different from everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment